** Changed in: s390-tools (Ubuntu)

  [18.10 FEAT] I/O device pre-configuration

Status in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems:
  In Progress
Status in s390-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in s390-tools source package in Bionic:

  I/O device auto-configuration is a mechanism by which users can specify IDs
and settings of I/O devices that should be automatically enabled in Linux.
Users enter this information for an LPAR via an HMC running in DPM mode. During
boot, Linux obtains this information via an SCLP call (details to be defined)
and triggers the resulting configuration actions (e.g. using the chzdev
command).
  Available with kernel 4.17