apport information

** Attachment added: "ProcInterrupts.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1790861/+attachment/5184937/+files/ProcInterrupts.txt

  amdgpu.dc dual monitor issues when trying to sleep / power off the
  monitors

  I have a problem with my dual monitor setup on an AMD RX 580: when I lock the
screen and Gnome try to power off both monitors the following happens:
  1) the second monitor goes to sleep before the first one, this is normal and
expected because the first monitor has a longer time to sleep
  2) after some seconds the second monitor turn on back again and prevents the
first one to sleep at all
  3) gnome detects inactivity on the lock screen for some time and try to power
off the monitors again
  4) step 1 all over again in an infinite loop

  When I login back from the lock screen the windows inside my Gnome
  session can sometimes be rearranged from one screen to the other.

  After discovering this behavior I tried to power off the monitors
  manually with `xset dpms force off` and I can confirm that the same
  happens: the monitors wont really power off because the second one
  turns back on and prevents the first one to sleep.

  My guess was that somehow when the second monitor was turning off it
  delivered some kind of "monitors changed, you should reset" message to
  the GPU which in order did some kind of "reset everything and power on
  the monitors back again" action.

  Searching for a fix to this problem I tried to upgrade my amdgpu mesa
  drivers using the oibaf/graphics-drivers ppa and after this I tried to
  upgrade my whole distribution too, moving from bionic to cosmic.

  Nothing worked.

  In the end I discovered the existence of amdgpu.dc and tried to
  disable it with `GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="amdgpu.dc=0"`, this did
  the trick but it is still a workaround.

  I'm not sure this is the right place to report this kind of issues but as the
issue is somehow critical (the first I entered the power on/off loop I didn't
notice it and my monitor cycled power for two hours) I hope this will help
other people.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version
k4.17.0-9-generic.
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu9
  Architecture: amd64
  Card0.Amixer.info:
   Card hw:0 'PCH'/'HDA Intel PCH at 0xf7f10000 irq 30'
     Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC892'
     Components : 'HDA:10ec0892,104385b0,00100302'
     Controls      : 50
     Simple ctrls  : 22
  Card1.Amixer.info:
   Card hw:1 'HDMI'/'HDA ATI HDMI at 0xf7e60000 irq 31'
     Mixer name : 'ATI R6xx HDMI'
     Components : 'HDA:1002aa01,00aa0100,00100700'
     Controls      : 42
     Simple ctrls  : 6
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.10
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=7cd1c323-140b-4412-a67a-c46d90a91ff2
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  IwConfig: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'iwconfig': 'iwconfig'
  MachineType: ASUS All Series
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 amdgpudrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.17.0-9-generic
root=UUID=edb6f869-3d1b-4726-bbf1-44b736abfe2b ro amdgpu.dc=0
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.17.0-9-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.17.0-9-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.174
  RfKill: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'rfkill': 'rfkill'
  Tags:  cosmic
  Uname: Linux 4.17.0-9-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to cosmic on 2018-09-04 (0 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm audio cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo vboxusers
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 08/15/2014
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 2103
  dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.board.name: Z87-C
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: Rev 1.xx
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset-1234567890
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacture
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr2103:bd08/15/2014:svnASUS:pnAllSeries:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnZ87-C:rvrRev1.xx:cvnChassisManufacture:ct3:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.family: ASUS MB
  dmi.product.name: All Series
  dmi.product.version: System Version
  dmi.sys.vendor: ASUS