Still valid.
Can see on Cosmic w/ P9 as well.
http://10.246.72.4/test-results/4.17.0-9.10-generic/baltar__4.17.0-9.10__2018-08-25_01-29-00/ubuntu_kvm_unit_tests/results/ubuntu_kvm_unit_tests.all/debug/ubuntu_kvm_unit_tests.all.DEBUG.html

** Changed in: ubuntu-kernel-tests

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  sprs test from kvm-unit-tests will hang on PowerPC

Status in ubuntu-kernel-tests:

  We have switched our kvm-unit-test test suite from archive tarball to
upstream repo recently.
  And now the sprs test will hang on the ppc64le system.

  12/24 04:18:33 DEBUG| utils:0153| [stdout] MIGRATION=yes TESTNAME=sprs
  TIMEOUT=90s ACCEL= ./powerpc/run powerpc/sprs.elf -smp 1 -append '-w'

  It was failing with this test with the version of our archived tarball
  bug 1723904 (but still failing on Xenial, and 4.10 kernel on Xenail,
therefore it has something to do with the qemu on Zesty.)