Public bug reported:

I experienced the same problem on two different Dell Laptops (an old
dell 640m and a newer Dell E7450). After fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04.1
wifi and network work flawlessly but after routine kernel update (from
4.15.0-29.31 to 4.15.0-34.37) network manager correctly show wireless
networks but cannot establish a connection. Rebooting with previous
kernel (4.15.0-29) fix the problem and I had to set it as default in
grub. Please find attached the report obtained running ubuntu-bug linux
after booting the latest kernel. Bug symptoms look similar to those
described for bug 1788997 but as far as I understand they do not seem
related.

** Tags: intel kernel-bug wifi

** Attachment added: "report"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1793022/+attachment/5189979/+files/report

  Cannot connect to wifi after kernel update 4.15.0-29 to 4.15.0-34