This is a feature request, not a bug report. Therefore, no log files are
required for this issue, and now changing to "confirmed".

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Please include hid-bigbenff.c driver for 18.04 and later kernels

  Hi there,

  my driver submission has just been accepted for the upcoming 4.20
  mainline kernel by the input maintainers:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git/commit/?h=for-4.20/bigbenff&id=256a90ed9e46b270bbc4e15ef05216ff049c3721

  The BigBen Interactive PS3OFMINIPAD kids' gamepad is a Playstation3
  accessory and was designed for smaller hands. The Linux kernel didn't
  support its rumble effects, so the device's HID protocol needed to be
  reverse-engineered to write this driver.

  I originally wrote this driver for the Raspberry Pi and the Retropie
  software used by my kids. But now that Steam and Proton are here, we
  are using our Ubuntu boxes more and more often for gaming, so
  including this driver in the default kernel would be nice.

  The patch applies cleanly on the kernels of 18.04 and 18.10 with no
  changes, so there's no backporting to do.

  Thank you.