I'll try to reproduce this bug.  @joel Sing do you happen to have the
reproducer script available?

In parallel, I'll also build a Xenial test kernel with the commit posted
by @Haw Loeung in comment 4

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Tags added: kernel-key

  kernel panic - null pointer dereference on ipset operations

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Hi,

  We've experienced crashes on machines running iptables using ipsets.
  We could get a trace from the console on one of them (attached file
kernel-trace.txt).

  On these machines, some ipset commands are automatically run to update the
sets, and/or to dump them (ipset restore, swap, delete ... / ipset save).
  We strongly suspect the panic is happening due to a race when ipset updates
happen at the same time as a dump.

  These machines are running xenial. Before the crash, they were on
  4.4.0-116-generic #140-Ubuntu, but then rebooted into
  4.4.0-135-generic #161-Ubuntu.

  I have an ipset save running in loops on one of these machines to try
  and reproduce quicker.