** Summary changed:

- screen displays normally on the lenovo M715 with the AMD GPU (Radeon Vega 8
Mobile, rev ca, 1002:15dd)
+ screen displays abnormally on the lenovo M715 with the AMD GPU (Radeon Vega 8
Mobile, rev ca, 1002:15dd)

** Description changed:

- Steps:
- 1. Installed system.
- 2. Verify the screen in the P2 of installation.
+ [Impact]
+ On the machine of Lenovo M715, there is an AMD GPU (1022:15dd rev ca), when it
+ switchs to amdgpufb, the screen displays abnormally, we tested with a couple
monitors,
+ all of them can reproduce this issue.

- Actual result:
- Screen displays abnormally, please refer to the picture in attachment.
+ [Fix]
+ Backported 3 patches from mainline kernel, all of them focus on the change of
+ disable_vga(). After applying these 3 patches, the issue disappears.

- Expected result:
- Display should be good in all stage.
+
+ [Test Case]
+ boot the system, run glxgears, everything works well
+
+ [Regression Potential]
+ Very low, these patches come from upstream, and I have tested them on at
least 6 different
+ lenovo machines and those machines have different AMD GPUs on them, all of
them worked
+ as well as before.

  screen displays abnormally on the lenovo M715 with the AMD GPU (Radeon
  Vega 8 Mobile, rev ca, 1002:15dd)

Status in HWE Next: