SRU request submitted:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2018-October/095979.html

** Description changed:

+
+ == SRU Justification ==
+ Commit 87cdf3148b11 fixes a regression introduced by commit
+ 5efec5c655dd.  However, it has not never landed in Bionic.   Requesting
+ this commit in Bionic, so we don't have to wait for it to come down from
+ upstream stable.
+
+
+ == Fix ==
+ 87cdf3148b11 ("xfrm: Verify MAC header exists before overwriting
eth_hdr(skb)->h_proto")
+
+ == Regression Potential ==
+ Low.  This commit fixes and existing regression by making sure teh MAC
+ header exists.
+
+ == Test Case ==
+ A test kernel was built with this patch and tested by the original bug
reporter.
+ The bug reporter states the test kernel resolved the bug.
+
+
+
  Hello,

  After a few days of troubleshooting a problem with L2TP and IPSec a
  fellow from ServerFault pointed out that my problem is a known bug fixed
  by  87cdf3148b11 commit which wasn't backported on 4.15 kernel.

  Ubuntu 4.15.0-36.39-generic 4.15.18

  87cdf3148b11 was never backported to 4.15

Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  In Progress

Bug description: