[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  No LiveDVD start of 18.04 on MSI AM4 with Ryzen 7 with Nvidia graphics

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hi,
  I tried to install Ubuntu 18.04 on a system with MSI X370 SLI PLUS
motherboard (Bios Version 7A33v3C of 2018-05-04), Ryzen 7 1700 and Nvidia GT
1030 graphics card.

  The 18.04 LiveDVDs do not work at all. There is no display output.

  On BIOS version 7A33v39 of 2018-01-29 MSI put the note:
  It must install nvidia graphic driver ver 391.01 or latest version when using
AMD Raven Ridge CPU and nVidia graphic card.

  It looks like that the current nouveau driver, used by 18.04 LiveDVDs,
  blocks the display output.

  But, an old LiveDVD of Kubuntu 17.04 starts and Kubuntu seems to be working.
I have recorded the attached lshw data with that disk.
  Thanks,