** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu 18.10 / Linux 4.19 -rc7/8 - System slows / stops

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Hi there folks sorry if it's inappropriate to report a bug in an
  upstream release candidate kernel, but as a suggested test / fix for
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1796743 I was
  told to install an upstream kernel, which I did.

  When I run with that kernel for any length of time, or do anything
  involving high CPU (like run Firefox for instance) the system fan
  begins to whine and the system slows down to the point where it
  finally hangs.

  I tried to run 'ubuntu-bug linux' from the terminal, but when I do I
  get the error seen in the screenshot (attached).

  I'll go back to running 4.18 for now because not being able to sleep
  the laptop isn't a show stopper, but it's definitely something I
  consider important for a fully fledged operating system / work
  environment :)

  Thanks and please let me know if there's anything I can do to provide more
data / help with testing / etc.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Beta amd64 (20180927)
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  Tags:  cosmic
  Uname: Linux 4.19.0-041900rc8-generic x86_64
  UnreportableReason: The running kernel is not an Ubuntu kernel
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True