This bug was fixed in the package linux-oem - 4.15.0-1024.29

---------------
linux-oem (4.15.0-1024.29) bionic; urgency=medium

  * linux-oem: 4.15.0-1024.29 -proposed tracker (LP: #1797069)

  * Keyboard backlight sysfs sometimes is missing on Dell laptops (LP: #1797304)
    - platform/x86: dell-smbios: Correct some style warnings
    - platform/x86: dell-smbios: Rename dell-smbios source to dell-smbios-base
    - platform/x86: dell-smbios: Link all dell-smbios-* modules together
    - [Config] CONFIG_DELL_SMBIOS_SMM=y, CONFIG_DELL_SMBIOS_WMI=y
    - [Config] CONFIG_DELL_SMBIOS_SMM=y, CONFIG_DELL_SMBIOS_WMI=y

  [ Ubuntu: 4.15.0-38.41 ]

  * linux: 4.15.0-38.41 -proposed tracker (LP: #1797061)
  * Silent data corruption in Linux kernel 4.15 (LP: #1796542)
    - block: add a lower-level bio_add_page interface
    - block: bio_iov_iter_get_pages: fix size of last iovec
    - blkdev: __blkdev_direct_IO_simple: fix leak in error case
    - block: bio_iov_iter_get_pages: pin more pages for multi-segment IOs

 -- Chia-Lin Kao (AceLan) <acelan....@canonical.com>  Tue, 16 Oct 2018
10:32:03 +0800

** Changed in: linux-oem (Ubuntu Bionic)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem in Ubuntu.

  some nvidia p1000 graphic cards hang during the boot

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem source package in Bionic:

  BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1791569

  This patch is in the 4.18 already, no need to send it to cosmic.

  Due to the context conflict, if we want to apply this patch as it is, we
  need to apply a large amount of patches ahead of this patch, it is possible
  to introduce some regression. So I made some change in this patch, it is
  some differnt from the orignal patch, but they have the same logic, and it
  can be applied to bionic kernel.

  [Impact]
  We have 2 nvidia graphic cards, and the nouveau driver in the bionic kernel
can't
  work well with both of these 2 cards, one of the cards hang during the boot
  process, we compared the output of lspci and vbios version of these 2 cards,
they
  are same; and according to nivida's reply, it is possible that they have some
  difference on computational units
(https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1038973/
  linux/2-same-quadro-p1000-cards-but-only-one-can-install-ubuntu-/), and
kernel-4.18
  fixed this problem, through bisect, this patch was found.

  [Fix]
  backport a upstream patch to fix this problem. without this patch, the number
of tpc
  (texture process cluster) is hardcoded to be 5 for some nv graphic families,
but
  in practice, the tpc number of many families is not 5. And the p1000 grphic
card belong
  to gp107 family, it is 3 intead of 5.

  [Test Case]
  tested this patch with P1000, P2000, P620 and P500 graphic cards, all work
well as before.

  [Regression Potential]
  Very low, this patch comes from upstream, and I have tested it with many nv
graphic
  cards, they all worked well as before.