This bug is awaiting verification that the kernel in -proposed solves
the problem. Please test the kernel and update this bug with the
results. If the problem is solved, change the tag 'verification-needed-
bionic' to 'verification-done-bionic'. If the problem still exists,
change the tag 'verification-needed-bionic' to 'verification-failed-
bionic'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

** Tags added: verification-needed-bionic

  USB cardreader (0bda:0328) make the system can't enter s3 or hang

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  We have a couple o lenovo laptops, they have the realtek cardreader
(0bda:0328),
  this cardreader is the latest product from realtek, and it uses the common
  usb-to-scsi driver UAS. When the system suspend and resume, the USB host will
  print some errors like can't disable the device under this USB bus and
  reset-and-verify fails, after that the system can't suspend anymore and hang
  randomly.

  [Fix]
  the mainline build v4.17-rc1 doesn't have this issue, so through bisecting,
  we found this patch can fix the problem.

  [Test Case]
  suspend and resume 30 times, and plug sd storage card into the cardreader,
  everything worked well.

  [Regression Potential]
  Low, we tested this patch on 7 different lenovo laptops. After suspending
  and resuming for 30 times, the system still worked well, and plug a usb
  storage, it still worked well.