I rolled back to 18.04LTS.  I can comment on what I saw while using
18.10, but I no longer have it on my HD

  Loss of network connectivity

  On Ubuntu 18.10 I consistently lose network connectivity after some
  time.   When trying to submit the but an hour ago I lost connectivity
  just prior to clicking submit.

  Runing "sudo /etc/init.d/network-manager restart" re-initalizaes the
  system, but I am still unable to ping or otherwise communicate with
  the wireless router at my home.  My linux box is hard wired to the
  wireless router.

  I have been using Ubuntu for for approx 12years and never experienced
  this problem.

  The only solution is a reboot, but there are problems with that too.
  See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1799875