Did this issue start happening after an update/upgrade? Was there a
prior kernel version where you were not having this particular problem?

Would it be possible for you to test the latest upstream kernel? Refer
to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds . Please test the latest
v4.19 kernel[0].

If this bug is fixed in the mainline kernel, please add the following
tag 'kernel-fixed-upstream'.

If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the tag:
'kernel-bug-exists-upstream'.

Once testing of the upstream kernel is complete, please mark this bug as
"Confirmed".

Thanks in advance.

[0] http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.19.1

  Trackpad not detected

  My Laptop is an ASUS TUF FX504 Series model. I installed ubuntu
  18.04.1 on it but my trackpad is not detected. Attaching an external
  mouse works fine.

  Trackpad is easily identified by Windows 10.

  `cat /proc/bus/input/devices | grep Name` shows the output:

  ```
  N: Name="Sleep Button"
  N: Name="Power Button"
  N: Name="Lid Switch"
  N: Name="Power Button"
  N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
  N: Name="Video Bus"
  N: Name="Video Bus"
  N: Name="Asus Wireless Radio Control"
  N: Name="Asus WMI hotkeys"
  N: Name="USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: USB2.0 HD"
  N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Front Headphone"
  N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=3"
  N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=7"
  N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=8"
  N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=9"
  N: Name="HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=10"
  N: Name="E-Signal USB Gaming Mouse"
  N: Name="E-Signal USB Gaming Mouse"
  ```

  I have also attached the output of `cat /proc/bus/input/devices >
  ~/devices` to this post.

  `uname -a` outputs:
  > Linux ayush-TUF-GAMING-FX504GM-FX80GM 4.15.0-38-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Wed
Oct 10 10:59:38 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  Regards
  Ayush