Marking as incomplete while awaiting the IBM testing assistance
described in comment #6.

  Avoid migration issues with aligned 2MB THB

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
  In Progress
Status in qemu package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  FYI: This blocks bug 1781526 - once this one here is resolved we can
  go on with SRU considerations for 1781526

  ------- Comment From jhop...@us.ibm.com 2018-08-20 17:12 EDT-------

  Hi, in some environments it was observed that this qemu patch to
  enable THP made it more likely to hit guest migration issues, however
  the following kernel patch resolves those migration issues:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc.git/commit/?h=kvm-ppc-next&id=c066fafc595eef5ae3c83ae3a8305956b8c3ef15
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Use correct pagesize in kvm_unmap_radix()

  Once merged upstream, it would be good to include that change as well
  to avoid potential migration problems. Should I open a new bug for
  that or is it better to track here?

  Note Paelzer: I have not seen related migration issues myself, but it
  seems reasonable and confirmed by IBM.