Wi-Fi association issues are very baffling. Perhaps it's simply me, however,
they ordinarily occur at the very least conceivable time, when you have to
check something on the web, compose an imperative email, et cetera. In case
you're having issues associating your Android cell phone to a Wi-Fi organize,
you're not the only one. This is a typical issue that, lamentably, plenty of
clients encounter every now and then. In this post, we'll investigate a couple
of fixes that could very well settle your availability issue and get you back
on the web if your telephone won't interface with Wi-Fi. How about we make a
plunge.
http://telstra.technicalhelpaustralia.com/blog/how-to-connect-telstra-wifi/

  Ubuntu 13.04 can detect wi-fi but can't connect

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  HP Pavilion laptop with Ralink RT5390 wireless interface

  1. Can detect home wi-fi signal but can't connect. Keeps asking for
  password then "disconnects" over and over again.

  2. All other computers, tablets, and smartphones at home can connect
  to the wi-fi without any trouble at all.

  3. HP Pavilion laptop can connect to the internet if tethered to my
  smartphone (used as a portable wi-fi hotspot).