This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1803817

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Linux Kernel USB 3 drivers problem

  Hi,

  I have a problem with USB 3 drivers in Linux Mint 19, this problem
  goes back many months ... I pointed this out to Ubuntu maintainers
  (mint 19 depends on Ubuntu for that) without succes.

  I explain to you:

  I have a Asus X99E-WS motherboard (lasted bios) with USB 3.0 ports and
  one Asus 3.1 2 Port PCI-E Card type A.

  https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X99E_WS/specifications/

  https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboard-
  Accessories/USB_31_TYPEA_CARD/specifications/

  When I connect the USB 3.1 card on my pc, under Linux only, the
  connection of this USB sticks is difficult. The first USB stick 3
  plugged in is generally recognized but when it was removed from the
  system, the following keys conected is not recognized impossible to
  see or mount !!

  More bizare yet the USB keys 2 work perfectly !! ?? If I connect
  directly to USB stick 3 to the Asus 3.1 2 PCI-E Card Type A, USB keys
  3 are always recognized.

  It looks like there is a conflict between the two ...

  If I remove this USB 3.1 PCI-E card from my computer everything is
  working normally. But as soon as I plug my Kington FCR-HS4 photo card
  reader, the same problems start over again.

  https://www.kingston.com/FR/flash/readers/FCR-HS4

  The people of Ubuntu have never been able to solve this problem for
  more than 3 years. I do not know who to ask to fix this problem.

  Hi have tested Debian 9.6 by Linux Mint LMDE 3 all run perfectly with
  their kernel 4.9

  Help me please, thank you by advance and best regards.