   Linux Kernel USB 3 drivers problem

  Hi,

  I have a problem with USB 3 drivers in Linux Mint 19, this problem
  goes back many months ... I pointed this out to Ubuntu maintainers
  (mint 19 depends on Ubuntu for that) without succes.

  I explain to you:

  I have a Asus X99E-WS motherboard (lasted bios) with USB 3.0 ports and
  one Asus 3.1 USB 2 Port PCI-E Card type A.

  https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X99E_WS/specifications/

  https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboard-
  Accessories/USB_31_TYPEA_CARD/specifications/

  When I connect the USB 3.1 card on my pc, under Linux only, the
  connection of this USB sticks is difficult. The first USB stick 3
  plugged in is generally recognized but when it was removed from the
  system, the following keys conected is not recognized impossible to
  see or mount !!

  More bizare yet the USB keys 2 work perfectly !! ?? If I connect
  directly to USB stick 3 to the Asus 3.1 2 PCI-E Card Type A, USB keys
  3 are always recognized.

  It looks like there is a conflict between the two ...

  If I remove this USB 3.1 PCI-E card from my computer everything is
  working normally. But as soon as I plug my Kington FCR-HS4 photo card
  reader, the same problems start over again.

  https://www.kingston.com/FR/flash/readers/FCR-HS4

  The people of Ubuntu have never been able to solve this problem for
  more than 2 years. I do not know who to ask to fix this problem.

  Hi have tested Debian 9.6 by Linux Mint LMDE 2 all run perfectly with
  their kernet 4.9

  Help me please, thank you by advance and best regards.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  philippe   1999 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  philippe   1999 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: X-Cinnamon
  DistroRelease: Linux Mint 19
  InstallationMedia: Linux Mint 19 "Tara" - Release amd64 20180626
  IwConfig:
   eno1      no wireless extensions.

   lo        no wireless extensions.

   enp15s0   no wireless extensions.
  MachineType: ASUS All Series
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 VESA VGA
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-39-generic
root=UUID=a8544fdd-b93a-4922-baaa-657b74de69be ro quiet splash vt.handoff=1
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.15.0-39-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.15.0-39-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.173.1
  RfKill:

  Tags:  tara
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 06/26/2018
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 3803
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.board.name: X99-E WS
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: Rev 1.xx
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Default string
  dmi.chassis.version: Default string
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr3803:bd06/26/2018:svnASUS:pnAllSeries:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnX99-EWS:rvrRev1.xx:cvnDefaultstring:ct3:cvrDefaultstring:
  dmi.product.family: ASUS MB
  dmi.product.name: All Series
  dmi.product.version: System Version
  dmi.sys.vendor: ASUS