I have the same or very similar problem, with Fujitsu Lifebook E557,
Ubuntu 16.04,18.04 and 18.10.

After resume from suspend, touchpad doesn't work at all. Keyboard works
somewhat, but some keys are randomly "repeeeeetedddd". Reboot doesn't
help, but need to to turn the machine off and on again.

  Keyboard and Touchpad do not work after suspend/resume

  My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C850D with updated 18.04 installed.
  When resuming from suspend, I have no keyboard and touchpad.
  dmesg shows "i8042: Can't reactivate KBD port"

  This looks like a recurring problem, and is just like these:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1014240
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1142118

  Here's the dmesg output from before and after suspending.
  https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/rsFX9Yw7Xh/

  This post also talks about this bit failing for a lot of people!
  http://lightrush.ndoytchev.com/random-1/i8042quirkoptions

  Some of the function keys work, such as changing the screen
  brightness, but the key (fn+F5) does not turn the touchpad back on. I
  have not yet tried any of the suggested options, as results have been
  mixed, but I will.

  Package: linux-image-4.15.0-20-generic 4.15.0-20.21
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon May  7 22:01:26 2018