** Tags added: kernel-da-key kernel-hyper-v

** Also affects: linux-azure (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux-azure (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux-azure (Ubuntu)

  apt repository in proposed packages availability issue

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux-azure package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  We have a watcher that does the following:
  - verifies if any linux-azure kernels have been published in proposed repo.
  - if it detects one, it will install.

  The problem we have is that even though we detect a new kernel in proposed,
the installation of it will fail as there are unmet package dependencies not
being available.
  This does resolve after several hours, but the way it works is not reliable
that we see the main package being available, but the packages in the repo are
not ready yet.
  So it seems to be a timing issue from the time the kernel is released, and
the time the packages actual get on the repo.

  Can you please suggest on some methods to better handle the detect &
  install for these, or some suggestions to how we do this from below.

  How we search for new kernel availability from proposed:
  #apt-cache madison linux-azure | grep ${release}-proposed

  But doing an install right after that will fail most of the times if the
kernel was just published:
  #apt clean all
  #apt -y update
  #apt install linux-azure/$release
  ^ this is after we add the proposed repo in sources.list.

  Actual error in the end:
  linux-azure : Depends: linux-image-azure (= 4.15.0.1034.34) but 4.15.0.1030.30

  This is observed on all LTS versions.