With the proposed kernel, my system passed a 30-run stress.

1. Enable the -proposed repository
2. Install the proposed kernel and reboot
3. uname -r
  4.15.0-43-generic
4. sudo modprobe mei_wdt
5. for s in $(seq 30); do sudo rtcwake -v -m mem -s 15; sleep 15; done
6. verify the result is success

** Tags removed: verification-needed-bionic
** Tags added: verification-done-bionic

  System randomly hangs during suspend when mei_wdt is loaded

Status in HWE Next:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  Problem description:
  System randomly hangs during suspend when mei_wdt is loaded.

  Platform:
  Intel Dawson Canyon I5 (NUC7i5DNHE) and I7 (NUC7i7DNHE)

  Test procedure:
  1. Install Ubuntu 18.04 and do apt full-upgrade

  2. Enable mei_wdt:
  $ sudo modprobe mei_wdt

  3. Do system S3 test:
  $ sudo systemctl suspend
  or
  $ sudo rtcwake -v -m mem -s 15

  4. Afterward, I noticed that somehow system will hang during
  suspend/resume.

  Expect result:
  Suspend/resume won't impact system.

  Actual result:
  System will hang during S3 test.

  Additional info:
  - BIOS version: V57
  - Another i3 platform (NUC7i3DNHNC) doesn't have this issue.