Hi Hui Wang,

While waiting for your patch to reach the mainline, I just insert these
two lines myself.

However, I still have issues with the sound.

Scenario: laptop is off, headphones are inserted, sound (both mic and
output) is muted; I turn it on, log in etc., unmute the output and play
something.

The sound is often too quiet (maybe 10 to 15 dB weaker than expected).
If I unplug the headphones and plug them back in, the sound level rises
to expected levels, but I start hearing noise reminiscent of cheap
soundcards (with grounding problems?), where the noise characteristics
change with the activity of other devices (e.g., mouse movements).  The
noise is stronger if I touch the touchpad.  If I mute the sound, the
noise disappears.

This does not happen if I remove the "0x12" line, whether or not I add
the .chained/.chain_id lines.  Interestingly, init_pin_configs in sysfs
shows the same value for 0x12:

$ cat /sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/init_pin_configs
0x12 0x90a60130
0x13 0x40000000
0x14 0x90170110
0x16 0x411111f0
0x17 0x411111f0
0x18 0x411111f0
0x19 0x04a11040
0x1a 0x411111f0
0x1b 0x411111f0
0x1d 0x40600001
0x1e 0x411111f0
0x21 0x04211020

(driver_pin_configs and user_pin_configs are empty.)

Thank you,
Vadim.

  click/pop noise in the headphone on several lenovo laptops

  Lenovo told us that some linux uers reported headphone noise on Lenovo's
  website. After investigating, we found those Lenovo laptop mdoels all
  have the codec of alc285, and we can reproduce the noise problem too.

  [Fix]
  Don't use the DAC of headphone, let headphone share the DAC with speaker,
  the noise disappears.

  [Test Case]
  After applying this patch, we tested on Lenovo P52, P72, X1 carbon and X1
  Yoda2, no noise anymore

  [Regression Potential]
  Low. This patch only apply to several lenovo machines, and after applying
  this patch, both speaker and headphone still work very well.