This change was made by a bot.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: cosmic

  Upgrade from 18.04 to 18.10 lost trackpad/trackpoint

  I upgraded my Ubuntu from Bionic Beaver to Cosmic Cuttlefish on my
  laptop. The installation process seemed to go well, but on reboot my
  trackpad and trackpoint no longer move the pointer, register taps or
  click buttons, and are seemingly unrecognized by the system.

  General information:
  Laptop make/model: Lenovo Thinkpad P72 TYPE 20MB-CT01WW 18/11  (that might be
a 'O' rather than an '0' on the sticker)
  Touchpad maufacturer: (Lenovo?) UltraNav TrackPoint
  When symptoms first appeared: On first reboot after the change to Cosmic.
Also on subsequent reboots and waking from sleep and suspend.

  No trackpad device is listed in /proc/bus/input/devices.

  The trackpad and trackpoint and buttons work if I boot into another OS.