That's strange then, maybe the old driver is still builtin in
https://people.canonical.com/~khfeng/lp1787775/.

Kai is waiting for the driver to be accepted by Linux's maintainers
before applying it to Ubuntu's kernel.

If you want to get the touchpad working beforehand on your Yoga
530-14ARR, I suggest installing Ubuntu 18.04, this kernel:

  https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.19.9/

Then the i2c-amd-mp2 driver in DKMS version with the following commands:

  sudo apt install build-essential dkms
  git clone https://github.com/Syniurge/i2c-amd-mp2.git
  cd i2c-amd-mp2
  sudo ./dkms-install.sh

Reboot and the touchpad and touchscreen should work.

  touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 530

  The touchpad is not working and does not show up in cat
  /proc/bus/input/devices on multiple kernels. I've tried the newest
  kernel to date (19.08.18) and a few others.

  The touchpad works on windows.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20180731)
  Package: linux (not installed)
  Tags:  bionic
  UnreportableReason: The running kernel is not an Ubuntu kernel
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-08-18 (0 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True