** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Turn on CONFIG_REFCOUNT_FULL for non-x86 arches

  The upstream kernel has added refcount protection, in two ways. For
  arches that have provided a fast refcount_t implementation, they get
  it automatically (this is signaled by ARCH_HAS_REFCOUNT, which as of
  4.20 kernels, is only the x86 arch). For other arches, they can get
  refcount protection via the CONFIG_REFCOUNT_FULL configure option. The
  upstream arm64 and arm maintainers have enabled this configuration by
  default for those arches, which has been carried into the ubuntu
  kernel config. We should enable that for our other arches that do not
  provide ARCH_HAS_REFCOUNT, namely ppc64el and s390x, to gain
  protection parity with the rest of the architectures supported by
  ubuntu kernels.