Public bug reported:

Problem description:

During our Linux distribution performance regression testing, we found
*significant* performance degradations on Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS compared to
other major Linux distributions on s390x when running SPECint2017. Some
SPECint2017 micro-benchmarks show a performance degradation of 40%.

Hardware environment:

IBM z14, LPAR
1 IFL, SMT on
4GiB memory

Software environment:

Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
SPECint2017

Analysis:

We are currently in the progress of analyzing the problem and will get
back to this bug as soon as we have more insights.

** Tags: architecture-s39064 bugnameltc-174800 severity-high
targetmilestone-inin---

** Tags added: architecture-s39064 bugnameltc-174800 severity-high
targetmilestone-inin---

** Changed in: ubuntu
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Skipper Bug Screeners (skipper-screen-team)

** Package changed: ubuntu => linux (Ubuntu)

  Performance degradation with SPECint2017