This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1813819

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  The kernel speeds up and down unexpectedly

  It initially started while I was browsing and I noticed the page load
  idle logo was going a bit too fast. First I ignored it assuming I was
  wrong or it was not significant. So i decided to test the playback
  time in videos and the Linux clock and sure enough, everything is
  about 10% tp 20% faster. So I rebooted the OS to see if problem
  persists.it actually got worse Everytime I rebooted. The os starts up
  normally but as soon as I log in, everything gets faster and faster
  until keyboard, mouse become unusable. A gentle tap of the keyboard
  spams the screen with that letter. Then I rebooted again and as if it
  was some kind of overflow the os is now snail pace slow. When I tap a
  button it outputs a letter about 1 to 2 seconds after. The mouse moves
  at normal speed however.unfortunately the OS is unusable and I'm
  typing this bug report using a different device. Please let me know if
  there is a way for me to get logs remotely cause as it is OS is
  useless. I'll try too keep rebooting to see if there is a "usable"
  speed that I can get logs and upload. Hopefully by the time this bug
  is processed I'll get the report. In the mean time please feel free to
  ask me anything that would help you pin point the issue.