I'm not hit by the kernel bug - I haven't tried installing kernel
4.15.0.44 yet. But some of my colleagues has - and opened bug [bug
1813663|https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1813663] in
return. We have a lot of rather new Lenovo laptops here...

My running config is still:

linux-image-generic   4.15.0.43.45
linux-firmware        1.173.2

If I upgrade linux-firmware from 1.173.2 to 1.173.3, my external monitor
stops working. If I downgrade the same package, my monitor starts
working again.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  Display ports on Lenovo docking station stopped working after upgrade
  of linux-firmware 1.173.2 -> 1.173.3

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:

  Lenovo Carbon X1 running on Lenovo Thinkpad Ultra Dock

  I have only been able to attach a single monitor to the docking
  station before the upgrade of linux-firmware. After todays upgrade
  from 1.173.2 to 1.173.3, none of the outputs work anymore.

  The Ultra Dock has two DP, an HDMI, and a VGA output.

  Package: linux-firmware 1.173.3
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Jan 15 16:31:39 2019
  Dependencies:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: linux-firmware