It turns out that the installation without nvidia drivers and the secureboot
option also causes errors. After some time using the laptop, the screen freezes
and only holding down the power button allows you to turn off. Unfortunately,
after switching on again, there was a problem with the grub welcome screen. I
could not even enter the bios settings. There was only a black screen. I had to
press the power button several times until I was able to do it after an hour.
I have been using ubuntu for several years and this has never happened to me.
The problem appeared a week ago on January 23. Previously, everything was fine.

  Random unrecoverable freezes on Ubuntu 18.10

Status in Linux:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Disco:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  First thing I notice is that the mouse cursor freezes as I'm using it,
  then I hit the CAPS LOCK key and the LED indicator doesn't respond.
  Then I try the "REISUB" command, but it doesn't do anything either.
  Only a hard reset works, pressing down the power button for a few
  seconds.

  How to reproduce?
  I couldn't figure out a consistent method. It is still random to me.

  Version: Ubuntu 4.18.0-10.11-generic 4.18.12
  System information attached.

  Also happens under Arch Linux and Fedora.
  I've talked to another user on IRC who seems to be having the same freezes.

  Package: linux-image-4.18.0-10-generic 4.18.0-10.11
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  dsilva     1213 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  dsilva     1213 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Sat Oct 20 09:54:50 2018
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.2)
  MachineType: Dell Inc. Inspiron 5458
  ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.18.0-10-generic
root=/dev/mapper/xubuntu--vg-root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=1
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.18.0-10-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.18.0-10-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.175
  RfKill:
   0: phy0: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no
  SourcePackage: linux
  dmi.bios.date: 02/02/2018
  dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: A15
  dmi.board.name: 09WGNT
  dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.board.version: A00
  dmi.chassis.type: 9
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA15:bd02/02/2018:svnDellInc.:pnInspiron5458:pvr01:rvnDellInc.:rn09WGNT:rvrA00:cvnDellInc.:ct9:cvr:
  dmi.product.name: Inspiron 5458
  dmi.product.sku: Inspiron 5458
  dmi.product.version: 01
  dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.