hi..

it happened with me too,Ubuntu 18.10 on lenovo 3000 g410.
i had to fresh install my laptop twice before knowing this is a bug.

Right know i have to boot up from previous kernel. (4.18.0-10-generic).
sorry english is not my native,and not knowing linux very well..

  Ubuntu boot failure. 4.18.0-14 boot stalls. (does not boot)

Status in linux source package in Cosmic:

  Today my Ubuntu (18.10) did an auto-upgrade to 4.18.0-14-generic,
  requested a reboot, and was unable to boot. After the "Starting
  Load/Save RF Kill Switch Status..." line it is waiting forever.
  (Or/and doing something behind the scenes. After a while, even the HDD
  indicator led go out.)

  This is a permanent error, so kernel 4.18.0-14 does NOT boot.
  I was able to boot with kernel 4.18.0-13. (By pressing Shift when grub
starts.)

  My configuration is "nothing fancy", possibly-except the locale (ISO-8859-2,
hu and en), Xcfe4, gdm3, gnome-screensaver.
  I have already upgraded to the latest packages. (sudo apt-get dist-upgrade)