Please run this command to send us more information about the system:

  apport-collect 1815957

** Tags added: bionic

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: xserver-xorg-input-libinput (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: libinput (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-libinput (Ubuntu)

  SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Read error 19

Status in libinput package in Ubuntu:
Status in xserver-xorg-input-libinput package in Ubuntu:

  Hi

  Ubuntu 18.04 went into standby mode with the mouse plugged in.
  Then I've removed the mouse.

  A few hours later I wanted to continue work (without mouse) and woke up my PC
from standby mode.
  Unfortunately the touchpad did not work.

  So I put Ubuntu back into standby mode, plugged in a mouse and woke it up
again.
  Both Touchpad and mouse worked perfectly again.

  Regards,

  Ettore Atalan