I'm located in solar > earth > europe but still waiting for the -update
version of xenial too (@_@)

  Userspace break as a result of missing patch backport

Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:

  Hi,

  The most recent set of Ubuntu kernels applied a variety of tty patches
  including:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/c96cf923a98d1b094df9f0cf97a83e118817e31b

  But have not applied the more recent

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/d3736d82e8169768218ee0ef68718875918091a0
  patch.

  This second patch is required to prevent a rather serious regression
  where userspace applications reading from stdin can receive EAGAIN
  when they should not.

  I will try to link correspondence from the mailing list archives once
  they are available, but for now if you have access to the linux-
  console mailing list you can find discussion under the thread
  "Userspace break? read from STDIN returns EAGAIN if tty is "touched"".

  I would appreciate it if this could be examined soon as it is a
  regression on userspace.

  Thanks
  Michael

  Good:
  4.15.0-43-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 6 14:45:28 UTC 2018

  Bad:
  4.15.0-44-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jan 14 11:26:59 UTC 2019