This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1819989

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1819989

Title:
  Add basic support to NVLink2 passthrough

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  This bug exists to track the basic support to NVLink2 passthrough on
  Ubuntu 18.04 - for the guest side only. There's a relative small
  patchset that I'm going to send to Canonical Kernel Team using this
  buglink.

  On the host side we'll be running a custom version of Ubuntu 18.04
  (kernel + qemu). However on the guest side it will be *very important*
  for clients to simply download the Ubuntu 18.04 from Canonical's
  website and have the NVLink2 working out of the box.

  For that, we have worked on a small patchset using only upstream
  patches without changing beyond our area.

  As soon as I send the patchset to the mailing list I'll update this
  bug with a link to that message.

  Thank you very much,

  Jose R. Ziviani