#60 and #51 solved my issue. Kudos to them

#51:

After trying unsuccessfully to use all the fixes I found online, I finally
managed it to fix this problem myself today:

1. Install Gnome Screensaver
    sudo apt-get install gnome-screensaver
2. Replace Light Locker with Gnome Screen Saver
    Do it first for all new users
    sudo vi /etc/xdg/autostart/light-locker.desktop
    Change the line from:
         Exec=light-locker
     to:
         Exec=gnome-screensaver
   and then do the same for every existing user
   su <username>
   vi ~/.config/autostart/light-locker.desktop
3. Hide light-locker-settings from menu for all users
   sudo vi /usr/share/applications/light-locker-settings.desktop
   Add the line:
   Hidden=true

Hope that helps everyone affected by his bug until Light Locker is
actually production ready enough to warrant it's place in a LTS release.

#60:

This solution works on my laptop (ubuntu 16.04, but should work on previous OS):
open as root file
/etc/UPower/UPower.conf
and change IgnoreLid=false ==> IgnoreLid=true
save changes, restart system and now it works :-)
You can remove light-locker now.

You can use bash for these:
sudo sed -i -e 's/IgnoreLid=false/IgnoreLid=true/g' /etc/UPower/UPower.conf
sudo apt-get remove --purge -y light-locker light-locker-settings

  Black screen on resume in Xubuntu 14.04.1

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  It seems #1303736 is Not fixed.

  Black screen on resume when using standby on close lid is confirmed on
  Dell Latitude D400 on completely new install of Xubuntu 14.04.1 32
  bit. downloaded 14 Aug from repository as a .ISO image.

  This despite claims to the contrary on the website.
  http://xubuntu.org/news/xubuntu-14-04-1-released/ pointing to
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xubuntu-default-
  settings/+bug/1303736

  Using the "Suspend" key results in correct operation, i.e. the laptop
  suspends and resumes correctly on lid open. Suspending by closing the
  laptop lid results in the black screen when re-opening. Once in black
  screen mode, the only recourse is power off re-boot.

  Although power manager is set correctly to "Suspend" in the power
  manager , on closing the lid the system does NOT appear to suspend as
  it does when the "Log-off Suspend" button is clicked or the hardware
  "Suspend" key is pressed i.e. the problem APPEARS to be on lid close.

  Power manager and light-locker set NOT to lock on suspend or shutdown
  makes no difference to behaviour.

  Xubuntu up to 12.04.4 (plus latest updates) worked absolutely
  correctly before new install of 14.04.1

  This is a MAJOR inconvenience for an upgrade of an LTS.