The same hanging behaviour in Centos-7 DVD
name = CentOS-7
family = CentOS
timestamp = 1543162874.22
variant =
version = 7
packagedir =
arch = x86_64

The card HW pics are for ex. there:
https://www.amazon.de/Cablematic-PCI-zu-SuperSpeed-USB-2-Port-External/dp/B00AGGBUE8

  Booting hangs when USB 3.0 Etron EJ168 PCI card is detected

  I have installed Etron EJ168 PCI USB 3.0 [1B6F:7023] which briliantly works
in any Windows OS (I use multiboot PC) on my Conroe865PE AGP/PCI Intel
Kentsfield QX6800 system with classic BIOS (non UEFI).
  There are no devices connected to PCI USB card during boot.

  The desktop Ubuntu 18.04 kernel 4.15.0-46-generic freezes with this
  card during boot (see attached "photo log" with boot and grub
  options). I can't access/login Ubuntu or console. It was checked and
  confirmed on ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso LIVE CD desktop (with
  acpi=off option too).

  Previously I was used and removed USB 3.0 NEC Renesas upd720200 PCI card
[1033:0194], which was partially workable under my installation of Ubuntu 18.04
and Windows. It had problems from time to time with FW load from card on start
and not detecting USB devices connected even if FW present.
  I tried and also removed USB 3.0 NEC Renesas upd720202 PCI card [1912:0015]
which also was partially workable in the same way (other card bios and newer
NEC chip). System was fully bootable with NEC cards.

  The Etron EJ168 works superb on Windows OS's with directly or with hub
connections with USB devices.
  I can assist in any way to solve this bug as IT Professional.