------- Comment From leona...@ibm.com 2019-04-08 10:37 EDT-------
This (In reply to comment #64)
> Hi Leonardo,
> unfortunately there was an issue with the SRU request and Juerg NACK-ed it,
> please have a look here:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2019-March/099128.html
> Please re-submit the SRU request with the requested corrections.

The email you posted was from March 10, and is outdated. The changes
required were made, and it was acked on March 13, as said on the
previous comment.

Please see https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-
team/2019-March/099221.html

  Avoid migration issues with aligned 2MB THB

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
Status in qemu package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Incomplete
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:

  FYI: This blocks bug 1781526 - once this one here is resolved we can
  go on with SRU considerations for 1781526

  ------- Comment From jhop...@us.ibm.com 2018-08-20 17:12 EDT-------

  Hi, in some environments it was observed that this qemu patch to
  enable THP made it more likely to hit guest migration issues, however
  the following kernel patch resolves those migration issues:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc.git/commit/?h=kvm-ppc-next&id=c066fafc595eef5ae3c83ae3a8305956b8c3ef15
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Use correct pagesize in kvm_unmap_radix()

  Once merged upstream, it would be good to include that change as well
  to avoid potential migration problems. Should I open a new bug for
  that or is it better to track here?

  Note Paelzer: I have not seen related migration issues myself, but it
  seems reasonable and confirmed by IBM.