Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  kernel upgrade changes bios boot order

  I have a work-laptop which I dual-boot Windows and Ubuntu.

  I need Windows for work, and have that as the default boot option in the bios.
  But after an upgrade of the Ubuntu Linux kernel Ubuntu gets moved to the top
of the bios boot-order, and Windows gets moved down.

  It doesn't take long to change back, but is a inconvenience.
  It is a T480s ThinkPad with SecureBoot enabled.

  It has happened before, but I haven't gotten around to reporting it.
  It happened lately with

  cat /proc/version_signature
  Ubuntu 4.15.0-47.50-generic 4.15.18

  Let me know if you need any other info, and I shall do my best to get
  it to you.

  Cheers, and thanks for your good work!