> I guess it's academic for me, at this point, though -- I've long since
> moved on, since I had to keep working and current, and the old driver
> was dropped.
>
> If you're reading this bug and have this issue, it's been open for
> nearly three years, and isn't likely to be fixed, as far as I can tell.
> If 3d acceleration is important to you, it's almost definitely worth it
> to get some hardware that is better supported.  I went with Intel
> graphics -- there's a lot less likelihood that support will be dropped
> for that, since Intel's more helpful than ATI regarding open-source
> drivers for their graphics hardware.

Well, Brian, its true regarding older hardware, lets not be blind about
all the post x1*** - 6*** cards, they are actually okay.

Also, "3D is important" is a bit exaggerated, because 3D pipeline and
*everything* except this bug work really fine. There are many factors in
play on modern desktop for it to "just work", but this only one bug
really damages it.

On the other hand, its so damn shame that no one wants to give a look,
even if offered full remote access to affected machine, in do what you
want, ask what you wish, mode. :(

  gnome-shell weird lines

Status in The Linux Kernel:
  Confirmed
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  In gnome-shell font are corrupted and are present weird lines. I'm
  reffering to Ubuntu 12.04 full installed, and Ubuntu 12.10 gnome remix
  live edition.

  Video card: Ati x1250

  Please check also this link to have a picture
  http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8899/gnome3.jpg and more detail on