This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1825071

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: bionic

  Super + p does not work as expected, it's defective

  I have 3 monitors (2 landscape and 1 portrait), I normally need to
  change between my monitors due to my setup. If I want to play a game,
  I typically switch to a single monitor (Built-in) then I can switch
  back to Join and everything goes back to normal. That is what I would
  expect but that is NOT what happens.

  When using super+p there are 4 options:

  - Mirror
  - Join
  - External
  - Built-in

  The first two options work correctly, but the 3rd and 4th options do
  not.

  External and Built-in do the exact same thing: they simply shift my monitors
around, lose all settings (reset everything). So all 3 monitors are still in
use but settings are cleared (orientation, resolution, and frequency are
reset). I have to then open up the settings to change it all back. When I go
back to Join, I would expect the settings to return to normal. They do not.
Super + P simply wipes out monitor settings in my case.

  I am using:
  - Ubuntu 4.15.0-47.50-generic 4.15.18
  - GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
  - I have attached: lspci-vnvn.log

  Release:      18.04

  With nvidia-driver-418 from: ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

  $ apt-cache policy nvidia-driver-418
  nvidia-driver-418:
    Installed: 418.56-0ubuntu0~gpu18.04.1
    Candidate: 418.56-0ubuntu0~gpu18.04.1
    Version table:
   *** 418.56-0ubuntu0~gpu18.04.1 500
          500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu bionic/main
amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  I am not sure if this is actually necessary because I don't think this
  has to do with the graphics card.

  I am not sure what other information you will need for this report. I
  can provide more data upon request.