** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Cosmic)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => dann frazier (dannf)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Cosmic)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => dann frazier (dannf)

  potential memory corruption on arm64 on dev release

Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:
  In Progress

  Potential memory corruption.

  [Test Case]
  I've not seen a failure in practice (well, it's easy to crash 5.0 but, as the
commit message notes, that's because it includes an additional patch that
happens to "tickle" this. But to regression test, I boot a HiSilicon D06 to a
ramdisk and remove the hisi_sas_v3_hw module, which allocates memory as
described in the commit message.

  [Fix]
  376991db4b646 driver core: Postpone DMA tear-down until after devres release

  [Regression Risk]
  From the stable tree, so in theory would be applied eventually anyway.