This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1828302

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  CSR Bluetooth driver: Insufficient performance compared to WIndows
  driver

  I'm reporting this because I'm pretty sure a class 2 bluetooth adapter
  shouldn't be unable to connect at less than 1 meter, when comparing
  this to the Windows driver at least...

  The bluetooth device is a CSR USB bluetooth 2.1 adapter

  hci1: Type: Primary  Bus: USB
   BD Address: 00:15:83:xx:xx:xx  ACL MTU: 310:10  SCO MTU: 64:8
   UP RUNNING PSCAN
   RX bytes:667 acl:0 sco:0 events:49 errors:0
   TX bytes:4783 acl:0 sco:0 commands:48 errors:0
   Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0xfe 0x9b 0xff 0x59 0x83
   Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
   Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
   Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
   Name: 'luky-XPS-15-9550 #2
   Class: 0x3c010c
   Service Classes: Rendering, Capturing, Object Transfer, Audio
   Device Class: Computer, Laptop
   HCI Version: 2.1 (0x4)  Revision: 0x149c
   LMP Version: 2.1 (0x4)  Subversion: 0x149c
   Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

  the kernel driver in use is `btusb`
  the ubuntu version is 19.04
  the kernel version is 5.0.0-13-generic

  In Windows this adapter work normally, on Ubuntu Linux it's barely
  able to connect to any device and maintain a stable connection, it
  completely loses the connection unlikely in Windows after more than 40
  centimeters

  Already tried the 5.1 mainline kernel, it doesn't seem different

  Worth noting that I also tried this on my laptop, and here looks like
  it works insanely better than my desktop pc...

  My desktop PC has a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, and an MSI b350 mobo