FYI the mainline arm64 kernels at https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-
ppa/mainline/v5.1.1/ boot on the 3B running arm64 on disco, with grub-
efi-arm64-bin installed and a commandline of modprobe.blacklist=vc,vc4
(but I haven't tried without using the module blacklist for some time.)

Since the default RPI bootloader doesn't seem to handle kernels with an
EFI stub though, enabling the EFI stub will cause boot problems on
kernels using the built-in RPI bootloader, no?

Packages, which is subscribed to the bug report.

  Not boot with EFI

Status in linux-raspi2 package in Ubuntu:

  Hello. I can't boot with linux-raspi2 kernel, but linux-generic work fine.
Please add support kernel option CONFIG_U(EFI)_STUB=y as default.
  Thanks.

  os: ubuntu 18.04 lts arm64
  hw: raspberry pi 3b (+ tiano core uefi)