also not fixed in 5.0.17. ( https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-
ppa/mainline/v5.0.17/ )

  kernel 5 fails to start systemd-networkd on old Dell Inspiron 1720

  linux kernel 5.0.0-13
  Kubuntu 19.04
  hardware: old Dell laptop Inspiron 1720

  After upgrading an old Dell laptop Inspiron 1720 (from 2007 I think) from
Kubuntu 18.10 to 19.04, the result is a broken system:
  booting takes + 5 minutes
  looking at the boot messages I see "Failed to start Dispatcher daemon for
systemd-networkd" and consequently Network Manager fails to run.
  Eventually it reaches the desktop where it takes another 5 minutes to display
the panel.
  In a terminal it fails to execute any network command (ifconfig, ip) as well
as "sudo" and "lshw".

  If I boot with the previous kernel, the 4.18.0-18 of Kubuntu 18.10, it works
without problem.
  For now I have set its grub to start by default the 4.18 kernel instead of
the 5.0 one.

  I tried running "apport-cli -f -p linux --save
  kernel5.0onOldDellInspiron1720.apport" but that has been spitting out
  periods ("....") for 10 minutes now and still hasn't finished.

  dmesg output attached.