** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Rafael David Tinoco (rafaeldtinoco) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Precise)
     Assignee: Rafael David Tinoco (rafaeldtinoco) => (unassigned)

  HP Proliant Serverrs - DL360 and DL380 Gen8 - Precise Kernel Panic -
  General Protection Fault and X2APIC/XAPIC boot parameters

Status in linux source package in Precise:

  It was brought to my attention the following situation:

  """
  We massively upgraded our Ubuntu 12.04 servers (most of them are HP
  DL360p Gen8 or DL380 Gen8) to 3.2.0-67 kernel And in the last 2-3
  days we already had to reboot 5 of them because they completely hang

  Some of them had the following messages under syslog :
  kernel: [384707.675479] general protection fault: 0000 [#5666] SMP

  others had :
  kernel: [950725.612724] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request

  All of them have this also :
  your BIOS is broken and requested that x2apic be disabled
  """

  Comments bellow