More information :
after a lot of test the most stable configuration was with Ubuntu 18.04.2.
First I tried with fresh install with Fedora 30 kernel 5.0.6-300 which was
working natively but after upgrading to kernel 5.0.16-301 same kind of problem
with the boot. Stuck after booting with black screen.
So I decided to restart a fresh install with Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, thinking that
a LTS should be more stable. Installation goes right (except the shutdown which
stuck, manually shutdown did the job).
I restart and everything goes Ok
Then I upgrade Ubuntu packages (not upgrading to superior version of Ubuntu)
and restart with kernel 4.18.0.20 and still OK.
Now installing nvidia property driver (nouveau is not well adapted to IGP +
dedicated GPU, prime support), then I restart => OK
All I wanted is to save power consumption too, so I set in the nvidia profile
to use Intel IGP then I restart => KO stuck on purple screen.
After a lot of search and try I found the good settings to boot : nomodset
argument to kernel booting and delete the splash and quiet option. Since every
boot seems to be stable.
My configuration :
Ubuntu LTS 18.04.2 up to date.
Asus Zenbook Pro 14 UX433FN
Intel Core i7-8565U CPU @1.80GHz x 8
Graphic card Intel HD Graphics (Whiskey Lake 3x8 GT2)

  Hope it could help.

  Can't boot from usb live system to install disco dingo 19.04

  I cannot boot from a USB live system with Disco Dingo 19.04 to install
  Ubuntu. I tried several kernel command line options (nomodeset
  modprobe.blacklist=nouveau) but nothing seems to work.

  With acpi=off I can see some output. The boot sequence stops at
  "Freeing unused kernel image memory". Before, there are some UEFI
  error messages (Couldn't get UEFI db list, dbx list). I attached a
  photo of the output. I don't get these errors with 18.10.