@juliank
The reproduced dkms version on bionic is 2.3-3ubuntu9.2, while the verified
version is 2.3-3ubuntu9.3.

Packages, which is subscribed to dkms in Ubuntu.

  Enroll key whiptail prompt blocks kernel header package upgrades

Status in dkms package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in dkms source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in dkms source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in dkms source package in Cosmic:
  Fix Committed
Status in dkms source package in Disco:
  Fix Committed
Status in dkms source package in Eoan:

  I noticed that sometimes the system upgrade is blocked in the kernel
  header package's configure phase, in the process manager I found that
  it is blocked by the "Configuring Secure Boot" whiptail prompt started
  by `update-secureboot-policy --enroll-key` which doesn't surface to
  the terminal and hence not interactable.

  Refer the attached screenshot for the process status at the time.

  [Test Case]
  1. Install any out-of-tree dkms packages (like bbswitch-dkms)
  2. Un-enroll keys from MOK, ensure `mokutil --test-key
/var/lib/shim-signed/mok/MOK.der` command returns
"/var/lib/shim-signed/mok/MOK.der is not enrolled"
  3. Ensure SecureBoot is enabled
  4. Install any linux-headers-${version}-generic packages that is currently
not installed, verify if it stucks at configurating state

  [Regression potential]
  Since this change will cause the output of dkms_autoinstaller to appear in
the output of the kernel installs, this may surprise consumers of the dpkg log
with its verbosity.