I am using Ubuntu 18.04.2 on Dell Inspiron 5559. I have 8GB of RAM and
2GB swap space. A week ago I installed HWE to get latest kernel
versions. Yesterday I got an update for kernel 4.18.0-24-generic which
was for reasons held back. But I installed that using `sudo apt install
<package_name` and rebooted the system.

Whenever I boot my system with the very same kernel, after using
Firefox, Chrome, terminal and System Monitor just for 5 minutes, my all
RAM is used up and swap space is 75% used and system hangs horribly. I
literally can't do anything. After a reboot same thing happens again.

I use Vanilla GNOME installed using the package `ubuntu-gnome-desktop`.

** Tags: bot-comment kernel-bug
--
Ubuntu 18.04 with kernel 4.18.0-24-generic freezes just after 5 minutes of boot.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1834233