This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1836152

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Disco)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem in Ubuntu.

  Intel ethernet I219 has slow RX speed

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-oem-osp1 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Incomplete
Status in linux-oem source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in linux-oem-osp1 source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in linux source package in Disco:
  Incomplete
Status in linux-oem source package in Disco:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-osp1 source package in Disco:

  RX speed on Intel ethernet I219 v6 is extremely slow due to multiple RX
  CRC errors.

  [Fix]
  Disable e1000e K1 feature to make I219 and PCH operate at higher speed
  to avoid the issue.

  [Test]
  Before applying the patch, the RX is slower than 150Kbps. After applying
  the fix the RX speed can achive gigabits.

  [Regression Potential]
  Low. This only applies to recent I219 generations.
  I've also test several other systems with e1000e and I don't see any
  regression.