Please raise the issue to linux-bt...@vger.kernel.org, and let btrfs
maintainers know this commit causes the regression:

commit 31d11b83b96faaee4bb514d375a09489117c3e8d
Author: Filipe Manana <fdman...@suse.com>
Date:   Wed May 9 16:01:46 2018 +0100

    Btrfs: fix duplicate extents after fsync of file with prealloc
extents

  High write iops after kernel upgrade

  Ubuntu server 18.04.2
  There is a problem with the latest system updates (kernel version
4.15.0-54-generic # 58-Ubuntu SMP).
  After upgrading from version 4.15.0-36-generic # 39-Ubuntu SMP
  we observe at the same software configuration an increased load on the disk
(write) - MySQL previously loaded the disk at 20-50 mB/s, after the update it
started loading at 150-250 mB/s. On the server we have cronjobs with PHP
writing stuff to the DB.
  MySQL configuration and package version was not changed, the load profile is
the same and does not depend on external users (OLAP DB)

  If we boot into the old kernel version (4.15.0-36), the problem disappears.
Also tested kernels:
  4.15.0-52 - problem persists
  4.18.0-25 (hwe) - problem persists, load became more 200-250 mB/s

  Attaching list of updated packages (apt/history.log) and other info.