Sorry; I thought I could quickly add the apport crash report, but since
it seems to require a GUI, it's taking some time

  Kernel panic after login on 18.04 happening on multiple display
  drivers

  I am getting a kernel panic after logon very often. If I do nothing
  after startup, the odds of a kernel panic are very low. If I open a
  program like Chromium after startup, the odds of a kernel panic are
  extremely high.

  Issue confirmed while using:
  *nouveau driver (nouveau-firmware, version 20091212-0ubuntu1 500)
  *Nvidia proprietary  drivers 390/410/416 (before they started causing issues;
see below)
  *nomodeset

  Issue confirmed on kernel versions:
  *5.1.16-050116.201907031232
  *4.18.0.25.74
  *4.19.0-041900.201810221809
  *4.15.0-55.60
  *4.15.0.55.57
  *4.18.0-25.26~18.04.1
  *4.18.0-24.25~18.04.1
  *4.19.60-041960.201907210912

  Secure boot is disabled.

  It may be unrelated, but I am no longer able to install proprietary
  Nvidia drivers; attempting to do so (through apt) also causes a kernel
  panic. I was previously able to install proprietary Nvidia drivers,
  but lost the ability after a kernel panic when attempting to upgrade
  from 416 to 430.

  Version: 18.04.2 LTS